Gilbert G. Gonzalez Graduate Student Research PaperThe Gilbert G. Gonzalez Student Paper Prize is awarded periodically to the best paper written by graduate students
who have chosen the Graduate Emphasis and taken the CLS 200A graduate seminar.
2013 Award Winners
Two 1st Place Prizes:
- Edelina Burciaga, "Undocumented and Unafraid: Undocumented Activism in the Obama Years"
- Alfredo Carlos, "Mexico Under Siege: Drug Cartels or U.S. Imperialism"
Three 2nd Place Prizes:
- Patrice Amon, "Law: And Now We're Back Where We Started, Here We Go Round Again"
- Marina Luz Corrales, "Shifting Trajectories: Participation in Great Society Initiatives"
- Mark Ocegueda, "San Bernardino's Mexican American Defense Committee and It's Role in Regional and National Desegregation"